------Atenção!!!------
No
Pain
No
Gain
Bons Estudos pessoal ❤


sábado, 1 de outubro de 2016

W8 Parte A - Lição 186

Is this funny?
Listen and complete
A small correction
On day something very funny happened at a large factory. while the employees were in the a meeting, the supervisor looked at
them very angrily and said: “Gentlemen, I have something to say to you. Half of you are idiots.” Billy Jack, one of the employees,
stood up and said: “Excuse-me sir. I didn’t like what you said about us”.
“Very well”, the supervisor said. “I’ll correct my statement. Half of you are not idiots.”
Thank you, sir. That’s much better,” said Billy Jack.
Circle the best option
1 – I am so sick of handling everyone’s problems, I think I’m going to be sick.
(Esta é a única que acho que pode confundir, pois a frase tem um sentido estranho no final.)
2 – My boss thinks we should try to find someone more knowledgeable on the subject.
3 – It  looks like he hasn’t stopped job hunting yet since he is still unemployed.
(Yet usa-se apenas com o negativo, e trás idéia de que a pessoa está esperando uma resposta ou resultado. Pode ser traduzido por ‘ainda’, ‘e ainda’, ‘e ainda não’.)
(Still pode usar-se com afirmativo ou negativo, mas o locutor não espera uma resposta imediata. Pode ser traduzido por ‘mas ainda, porém ainda’)
4 – Do you think she remembered to handle the paperwork?
5 – Winning first place at the competition was the fulfillment of so many dreams.
(winning, o ato de ganhar. É uma forma nominal, ou forma substantiva do verbo ‘win, won, won’. Em inglês é usada a forma ‘-ing’ para transformar um verbo em substantivo.)
6 – I think he is starting to give his acceptance speech.
Complete the dialogue (Pelo sentido do dialógo eu creio que seria caberia mais com uma situação de uma pessoa que estivesse saindo de seu trabalho para fazer um outro empreendimento)
1 – Hi Mark. I heard you are giving your two week’s notice. What happened?
I’m planning a weekend camp for all our friends to see each other again. (verbo + objeto + to) Aqui eu usei ‘see’ porque ‘meet’ traz o sentido de ‘conhecer’ como se fosse um primeiro encontro.
OU pode ser assim:
I’m planning seeing each other again in a camp. (verbo + ing) Sem objeto.
2 – Really? That’s awesome! Congratulations! So, have you started already?
I’ve started some preparations already, but I’m needing any help with some ideas.
3 – I’m glad to hear you are enjoying it. You had been planning this for a while, hadn’t you?
Yes I had. I had been planning this in order to recall the old days.
4 – You were always a bit of an entrepreneur. I’m sure it is going to be a very successful enterprise.
Surely, It’ll be. I’m dedicating myself a lot and you guys are helping me too. You’re invited too.
5 – Well, thans you for the offer. I’ll definitely consider it and we can talk about it again soon. I’ll call you, ok?
You’re welcome. So I’m waiting your response. And if you have any ideas for activities or needed material, please tell me.
Building a Story
I’m so glad this days is over,
I’m so tired but happy at the same time.
Two different and very important customers
decide to show up at our company today
at the same time, and they both wanted to talk
specifically to me.
And you know both of them were not man you
could leave in the waiting-room.
So I asked a co-worker to help me,
so when I talked to a client I relayed
to my colleague the instructions,
so I could talk to another customer.
In this way we have served both customers.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário